Tuesday, July 8, 2014

11-year-old saves grandmother having heart attack



UNDATED (NBC) -  A heartfelt thank you from Rita Lovato to her granddaughter, after the 11-year-old saved her life.

"My brain just, like, said I had to do it," Kendall Stilwell said.

The pair have always shared a special bond.

Kendall’s heroic actions last Wednesday morning after she spent the night have only strengthened their connection.

"I was in bed, and then all of a sudden I heard these weird noises, so I turned my head and it was my Nana, and she was drenched in sweat, so then I turned her over and ran to her side, and started to do CPR," Kendall said.

The fifth-grader called 911 and carefully followed the instructions.

She calmly waiting for paramedics to arrive who were surprised to find an eleven-year-old handling the life-or-death emergency.

"They were, like, surprised.  I saw their eyes, like, open wide."

Doctors say that Lovato suffered a major heart attack; they say the CPR saved her life.

"When the paramedics got there, they had to restart her heart four times, and if it wasn't for her, the paramedics and the fire department said there's no possible way she would've made it,” Kendall’s dad Art Stilwell said.
Source: AHA
 
CPR saves lives....sign up for a class at HealthPro either online at hpec.org or by phone 951-279-6110.

No comments:

Post a Comment